Getting the relationship with governors right can be one of the most problematic challenges for school leaders. When governors are engaged with the school they can fulfil a vital role, anchoring the school to its local community and providing support and direction for the senior leadership team. This course will give you a comprehensive guide to managing this relationship effectively and how to develop the capacity of the governing body to lead and support school improvement.
- Clarify the governing body’s roles and responsibilities
- Identify how to involve governors in school life and help them fulfil their role as ‘critical friends’
- Establish how to work with governors on self-evaluation, target setting and school improvement planning
- Help governors understand the school and education in general
- Build good relationships with the governing body and how to manage ‘difficult’ governors